We at Bombay Jewellery Manufacturers have always carried out our business in the highest ethical ways. We underwent rigorous Responsible Jewellery Council (RCJ) audit and are proud to be the first Indian factory to be certified by RJC against their stringent 2013 code of practice.
Please find below our fundamental “Code of Business Ethics” (COBE) –
We at Bombay Jewellery Manufactures are committed to a strict code of conduct which is deriving from three interlinked fundamental principles via good corporate governance, good corporate citizenship and exemplary personal conduct.
Our COBE includes (but it is not limited to) the following.
- We are committed to respect human rights of all stakeholders and expect that all our stakeholders follow the same. Some of these are-
- No child labour employment
- No forced labour
- No discriminations based on caste, creed, gender, disabilities, HIV, race, colour, marital status or affiliation with the political, religious organization or group.
- Complete adherence to the law of the land, rules and regulations.
- Freedom of association.
- Support to community initiatives.
- We are committed to conducting our operation with due regard for the environment and providing safe and healthy work place for all our employees.
- It is our policy to conduct all our business in an honest and ethical manner. We take a zero tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our relationships and business dealing wherever we operate and to implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery.
- We are strongly committed to prevent the use of our operation for money laundering or any activity, which facilitate money laundering, or the funding of terrorist or criminal activities. Accordingly we comply with all the applicable laws and regulation designed to combat money laundering activity and terrorist financing connected by the Government of India and all international laws to which the Government of India subscribes.
- As a responsible jewellery manufacturer we are committed not to knowingly buy or sell conflict diamonds. All our suppliers are required to ensure the same and give a declaration to this effect on all their invoices.